[Freeipa-devel] [UPSTREAM_FAILURES] Latest changes affect freeipa builds and client configuration

Oleg Fayans ofayans at redhat.com
Wed May 20 08:13:19 UTC 2015

Hi Martin,

On 05/19/2015 06:35 PM, Martin Basti wrote:
> On 19/05/15 17:21, Oleg Fayans wrote:
>> Dear colleagues
>>
>> I would like to notify you, that:
>> 1. some of the recent changes in the upstream repo have broken the
>> freeipa-client configuration. The symptoms are as follows: at some point
>> during ipa-server-install the process fails with the following error:
>>
>> Restarting the web server
>> Configuration of client side components failed!
>> ipa-client-install returned: Command ''/usr/sbin/ipa-client-install'
>> '--on-master' '--unattended' '--domain' 'myhome.net' '--server'
>> 'testmaster.myhome.net' '--realm' 'MYHOME.NET' '--hostname'
>> 'testmaster.myhome.net'' returned non-zero exit status 1
>>
>> Looking at the ipaclient-install.log I could tell that the client was
>> unable to authorize with the freshly installed master (kerberos issue?)
>> I've attached the corresponding logs together with the session
>> transcript of ipa-server-install command. This issue is observed since
>> last Thursday at least.
>>
>> 2. Today the master branch fails to build at all with the following
>> exception:
>>
>> cd install; if [ ! -e Makefile ]; then ../autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
>> --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --libdir=/usr/lib; fi
>> ./make-lint
>>
>> ===============================================================================
>>
>> Errors were found during the static code check.
>>
>> If you are certain that any of the reported errors are false positives,
>> please
>> mark them in the source code according to the pylint documentation.
>> ===============================================================================
>>

>> ************* Module ipa-server-install
>> install/tools/ipa-server-install:955: [E1103(maybe-no-member), main]
>> Instance of 'bool' has no 'lower' member (but some types could not be
>> inferred))
>> install/tools/ipa-server-install:955: [E1103(maybe-no-member), main]
>> Instance of 'int' has no 'lower' member (but some types could not be
>> inferred))
>> Makefile:119: recipe for target 'lint' failed
>>
>> Just wanted to inform you.
>>

> This lint warning are only on F21.
> Now I just successfully build master on F22.
> I will send a patch to fix F21.

Should I also check f20? Is there a convention as on which versions of
fedora the code should be able to build successfully? The same for run:
currently we have only f21 slaves for upstream tests. Should we probably
run a limited subset of tests on some other platforms?

--
Oleg Fayans
Quality Engineer