[Freeipa-devel] KDC proxy implementation specs

Christian Heimes cheimes at redhat.com
Thu May 28 15:07:56 UTC 2015

On 2015-05-28 16:48, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
> An apache module would also provide similar benefits. I'm not sure I
> necessarily want to stick with python here if we're optimizing for
> performance. Another option would be to add it to the KDC itself and
> proxy through Apache like we do for Tomcat. MIT might like that option.

For that kind of network code Python is really fast enough. An event
driven framework like asyncio or Twisted can handle lots of connections
simultaneous. We aren't speaking about several GBit/sec where zero-copy
is required.

I'm more worried about Apache than Python. Apache is tuned for the needs
of the webui, e.g. prefork MPM. Let's see how it works out in a
production system.

Christian