[Freeipa-devel] FreeIPA 4.2.1 checklist

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Fri Sep 4 06:42:47 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

It is now only couple days before Fedora 23 Beta freeze [1] and as we
discussed, we would like to release FreeIPA 4.2.1, which already contains 148
patches on top of FreeIPA 4.2.0, mostly stabilization of the new 4.2 features
or upgrade fixes.

IIRC, we miss 2 dependencies:

1) pki-ca 10.2.6

This is still waiting in Updates Testing [2]. We need 3 positive karma (only if
it works of course) to make it move to stable updates repo and so that we do
not have broken deps.

2) sssd 1.13.1

This upstream release does not officially exist, AFAIK, only in a COPR repo. I
see 2 options here:
- SSSD project releases 1.13.1 to Fedora 23 Beta too and we can keep the Requires
- SSSD 1.13.0 in Fedora 23 kindly adds the missing patch that caused us to bump
the requires and we set the requires in Fedora 23 to 1.13.0.

Jakub, any preference?

Besides the package requiremenst, What patches do you want to include to do the
release in the end of today or the beginning of the next week?

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/23/Schedule
[2] https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2015-13905

--
Martin Kosek <mkosek at redhat.com>
Supervisor, Software Engineering - Identity Management Team