[Freeipa-devel] [DESIGN] Sub-CAs; authenticating to Custodia

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Thu Apr 7 14:17:58 UTC 2016

On 7.4.2016 15:20, Fraser Tweedale wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 12:29:00PM +0200, Jan Cholasta wrote:

>>> +1 for (3)
>>>
>>> A SUID binary feels like a dangerous hack.
>>
>> +1
>>
> OK, (3) it is.  Thanks all for your input.
>
> Now for next question: what should service principal name be?  I
> think `dogtag/example.com at EXAMPLE.COM' but am open to other
> suggestions, e.g. `pki/...'.

Do you plan to attempt to standardize this name in future? I do not expect that.

Considering private nature of it, it should be as specific as possible to
avoid any potential conflicts with future standards. "dogtag-key-replication"
sounds like a good candidate.

Before you set the name in stone make sure it does not conflict with anything
listed on
http://www.iana.org/assignments/service-names-port-numbers/service-names-port-numbers.xhtml

These names have potential to be used by someone else.

--
Petr^2 Spacek