[Freeipa-devel] Check if server is fully installed and ready

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Thu Apr 14 12:05:05 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 11:16:01AM +0200, Christian Heimes wrote:

> Two days ago on IRC Jan came up with the same problem with containers.
> He ran into a problem related to containers and DNS updates. Since I'm

My issue was mostly PEBKAC. In container environments that I use,
the IP address of the IPA server itself can change with new start,
so the fact that SSSD couldn't talk to IPA was actually correct --
at that time, my client it was trying to talk to the IPA server on IP
address that was no longer valid.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Senior Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat