[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#204][comment] ipautil.run: Remove hardcoded environ PATH value

pspacek freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Wed Nov 2 11:23:21 UTC 2016

Title: #204: ipautil.run: Remove hardcoded environ PATH value

pspacek commented:
"""
The approach with wiping env adds another layer of problems, e.g. inability to use `KRB5_TRACE` environment variable for debugging etc.

IMHO we should use absolute paths whenever we call an external program and let the env be. If an attacker is controling env the game is already over. He could mess with `LD_PRELOAD` or any other other current or future sensitive variables.
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/204#issuecomment-257838182