[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#182][comment] Use env var IPA_CONFDIR to get confdir for 'cli' context

mbasti-rh freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Thu Nov 10 13:19:00 UTC 2016

Title: #182: Use env var IPA_CONFDIR to get confdir for 'cli' context

mbasti-rh commented:
"""
For the long history of IPA we haven't had need for our own environment variables. I agree with Honza, why we should have the another way how to pass config dir to IPA commands.

Also handling env variables in IPA is inconsistent, so this should be fixed as well, see #204 somewhere environ variables are not passed to subprocesses at all.
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/182#issuecomment-259687668