[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#258][comment] Break ipaplatform / ipalib import cycle of hell

jcholast freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Tue Nov 22 06:49:22 UTC 2016

Title: #258: Break ipaplatform / ipalib import cycle of hell

jcholast commented:
"""
The original code is broken by design IMO. The API object is used only to get the configured service startup timeout and to guess our DS instance name. None of this is platform specific, so I would prefer if we removed this from `ipaplatform` altogether instead of "just" fixing the import issue.

Anyway, given that the current plan is to make `ipaclient` _not_ depend on `ipaplatform`, is this change still necessary?
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/258#issuecomment-262161616