[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#271][comment] Remove hard dependency on ipaplatform from ipapython, ipalib and ipaclient

stlaz freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Fri Nov 25 09:13:54 UTC 2016

Title: #271: Remove hard dependency on ipaplatform from ipapython, ipalib and ipaclient

stlaz commented:
"""
The changes seem fine, I especially dig moving parts only used in ipaserver/ipaclient to their respective submodules.
I can see why `ipaplatform` is being removed from certain modules. It seems like a workaround/another solution for the dynamic platform linking which is proposed in https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/6474. I wonder what the plan with `ipaplatform` is, then. Could it be that its removal from certain parts of the code would be redundant with the proposed changes? Or do we just keep these changes instead?
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/271#issuecomment-262912220