[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#281][comment] Accept server host names resolvable only using /etc/hosts

pspacek freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Tue Nov 29 15:53:26 UTC 2016

Title: #281: Accept server host names resolvable only using /etc/hosts

pspacek commented:
"""
`--no-host-dns` disables all checks (theoretically) so it should be used only in special cases. Given it acts as kind of force switch, we should not advertise it. In either case the user will have to provide `--ip-address` option. Also, the user is asked for IP address in interactive mode so IMHO we are sufficiently covered.
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/281#issuecomment-263609320