[Freeipa-devel] [help]

Martin Basti mbasti at redhat.com
Wed Oct 19 11:56:07 UTC 2016

Comments inline

On 19.10.2016 10:30, 郑磊 wrote:

> ------------------
> 祝:
>     工作顺利!生活愉快!
> --------------------------
> 长沙研发中心 郑磊
> Phone:18684703229
> Email:zhenglei at kylinos.cn
> Company:天津麒麟信息技术有限公司
> Address:湖南长沙市开福区三一大道工美大厦十四楼
> *From: * "Martin Basti"<mbasti at redhat.com>;
> *Date: * Wed, Oct 19, 2016 04:03 PM
> *To: * "郑磊"<zhenglei at kylinos.cn>;
> "freeipa-devel"<freeipa-devel at redhat.com>;
> *Subject: * Re: [Freeipa-devel] [help]
>

> On 19.10.2016 03:35, 郑磊 wrote:
>> Hello,
>> In the process of using freeipa, we found a lot of content without
>> Chinese translation. In order to we can better use the platform,
>
>> we made a Chinese translation.
> Sorry but I don't see any updates in zanata
> https://fedora.zanata.org/iteration/view/freeipa/master/languages/zh-CN?dswid=-4750
>
> If you do a custom/manual translations this will not scale and you
> will do the same every release
>

> I have applied to join Chinese translation organization in zanata
> https://fedora.zanata.org/language/view/zh-CN?dswid=2727, but there is
> no reply. And I have tried to translate in zanata
> https://fedora.zanata.org/iteration/view/freeipa/master/languages/zh-CN?dswid=-4750,
> But there seems to be no permission to modify. Whether I need to put
> the translation file zh_CN.po to create pull request against
> freeipa/freeipa on github?

No please don't, we always generate .po files from zanata before
releases, so all changes are overwritten

Ok, let me know how the adding you to zanata continue, if nobody will
answer for longer time, I can put you just to freeIPA project as translator.

>> I think the translation work for freeipa internationalization
>> promotion also can have certain help. In addition, in use process, we
>> found that when test the corresponding function of operation in the
>> Web interface is not a straightforward logging which needs to query
>> in the background, and it may not be intuitive and convenient. In
>> order to we can intuitively record what we have done the operation in
>> the Web interface, we do the log module plug-ins.
>>

> webUI is just layer on top of our API calls.
>

> I know, What I mean is that no matter we are in API calls mode to
> manipulate freeipa or Web UI way, we all can intuitive see clearly
> under the log module. The log module function is to record any of our
> operation.

I think that they can be many caveats (access control, replication,
etc.) maybe would be good to see your code (you can send PR) how is you
current implementation.

Martin