[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#116][comment] Added fix for no-hbac-allow option in server install script

tomaskrizek freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Mon Sep 26 12:49:15 UTC 2016

Title: #116: Added fix for no-hbac-allow option in server install script

tomaskrizek commented:
"""
@Akasurde The man page is correct. However, we can no longer use the command
```
ipa-server-install --no_hbac_allow
```
if you simply rename the option. We need to keep this option for backwards compatibility and add a new option `--no-hbac-allow`. Internally, `no_hbac_allow` should only be an alias to `no-hbac-allow`. As a result, both of the following commands should work:
```
ipa-server-install --no-hbac-allow
ipa-server-install --no_hbac_allow
```
With `--no-hbac-allow` being the preferred and documented option, while `--no_hbac_allow` simply remains for backwards compatibility.

I think the correct way to fix the issue is to add a new option and then make sure both the options have the same effect when used.
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/116#issuecomment-249560066