[Freeipa-devel] Requiring simultaneous authentication to Linux resources

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Wed Feb 22 15:00:04 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-02-22 at 10:59 +0000, Oucema Bellagha wrote:
> I want to figure out a solution which allow user"a" to authenticate to
> a host only when user"b" is accessing the host for security reasons.
>

> Easy explanation: authenticate to hostx needs (user a + user b)
>

> I'm brainstorming some ideas using Yubikey or ssh-keys.. Is there any
> application which allow us to access a host only when 2 users are
> present cause putty doesn't have this feature which can be a step to
> solve this problem ..
>

> Or in applying some specified rules in IPA itself ?

As explained, there is no such concept in Unix/Linux to start with, but
maybe you mean that you want to check credentials of 2 different users
to allow privileged login, like root login ?

Or is this something else ?

It'd be nice if you can describe precisely what actions and results you
expect to see.