[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#526][comment] server install: do not attempt to issue PKINIT cert in CA-less

abbra freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Wed Mar 1 16:23:58 UTC 2017

Title: #526: server install: do not attempt to issue PKINIT cert in CA-less

abbra commented:
"""
ACK for the patch. However, I'm not claiming that CA does not need to be trusted. What I'm saying is that for Anonymous PKINIT's use in privilege separation code we can issue certs using local CA because we can trust local CA on IPA masters. They would be all different local CAs, of course, but this was thought to be a stop-gap until admins can replace local certificates with the proper ones some time after upgrade.

Privilege separation code now supports several ways to kinit and falls back to a wrapping with HTTP/ipa.master credentials in case anonymous PKINIT is not available.

"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/526#issuecomment-283389431