[Freeipa-interest] Re: Kerberized authorization service

David O'Brien daobrien at redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 07:00:23 UTC 2008

Jos Backus wrote:
>     Hi David,
>
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 11:04:46AM +1000, David O'Brien wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure if this is anything like what you are trying to do: freeipa.org
>>
>> It might be worth a look.
>>

> Interesting. It will be a while before this solution is usable though, as it
> appears that no server-specific authorization mechanism for (groups of) users
> is currently available.
>
> I will definitely keep an eye on it as it does look promising.
>

>> /david
>>

> Thanks for the helpful reply.

Hi Jos,
I'm copying the freeipa-interest list on this as well. freeIPA is still
pre-1.0 so some of the things you're looking for may well appear in
later versions. There may be features that you need that would not be
difficult to implement. The developers on the project are much better
placed to address those questions.

regards,

--

David O'Brien