[Freeipa-interest] RE: [Freeipa-devel] FreeIPA 1.1 Released

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Mon Jun 23 13:14:13 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 08:41 +1000, Anthony Giggins wrote:
> > Rob Crittenden wrote:
> > > The FreeIPA Project (http://freeipa.org) is proud to present FreeIPA
> > > version 1.1.
> > >
> > > This is primarily a bug-fix release but a number of enhancements
> were
> > > made as well. An overview of the changes can be found at
> > > http://freeipa.org/page/Changelog
> > >
> > > See our git repository at
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/freeipa.git/
> > > for a complete changelog.
> > >
> > > Many thanks to those who tested and provided feedback on version
> 1.0.
> > > Your assistance was greatly appreciated. We encourage people to
> > > experiment and evaluate the current release and we welcome feedback
> on
> > > the overall experience[1] and bug reports [2].
> > >
> > > The complete source code is available for download here:
> > > http://www.freeipa.org/page/Downloads
> > >
> > > We are also pleased to announce that FreeIPA 1.1 is available in
> > > Fedora 8 and Fedora 8 in their respective repositories.
> >
> > To clear that up, it is available in Fedora 8 and 9.
> >
> > rob
>
> Still no RHEL 5/Centos 5 RPMS?

Anthony,
RHEL 5/CentOS 5 require backporting of a few packages to be able to
successfully use freeipa.
It will require quite some work within EPEL to backport stuff like
turbogears, the kdc ldap backend and other python dependencies.
If someone wants to picj that work up it would be nice, but we do not
plan on doing that work as part of the FreeIPA project.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York