[Freeipa-interest] Announcing FreeIPA v2 Server Release Candidate 3 Release
rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Mar 10 20:52:14 UTC 2011
To all freeipa-interest, freeipa-users and freeipa-devel list members,
The FreeIPA project team is pleased to announce the availability of the
Release Candidate 3 release of freeIPA 2.0 server . This should be
the last release candidate, becoming the final release if no critical
problems are found.
* Binaries are available for F-14 and F-15.
* Please do not hesitate to share feedback, criticism or bugs with us on
our mailing list: freeipa-users at redhat.com
Main Highlights of the Release Candidate.
This release consists primarily of bug fixes and polish across all areas
of the project. Modifications include but are not limited to
* i18n improvements
* Fixed the self-service page in the WebUI
* Use TLS for CA replication
* Setting up Winsync agreements has been fixed
Focus of the Release Candidate Testing
* There was a Fedora test day for FreeIPA on Feb 15th . These tests
are still relevant and feedback would be appreciated. We are
particularly interested to know if there are any problems setting up
* The following section outlines the areas that we are mostly interested
to test .
Significant Changes Since RC 2
To see all the tickets addressed since the rc2 release see .
Repositories and Installation
* Use the following link to install the RC 3 packages .
* FreeIPA relies on the latest versions of the packages currently
available from the updates-testing repository. Please make sure to
enable this repository before you proceed with installation.
* Installing IPA on Fedora-15 works but can take more time than Fedora
14 due to systemd. It is not recognizing some restarts as being
successful so only continues after a 3-minute timeout. We are working on
The FreeIPA development team
Adam Young (7):
* Revert "Set hard limit on number of commands in batch request to 256."
* update API.txt
* Use modified entity find commands for associations
* fix truncated message
* typo in truncation message
* type in default text
* Better truncated message
Endi S. Dewata (13):
* Removed association facets based on memberofindirect.
* Replaced SUDO with Sudo in UI test data.
* Fixed attribute for SUDO command group membership.
* Save changes before modifying association.
* Fixed host enrollment time
* Fixed memory leak caused by IPA.dialog.
* Fixed memory leak caused by is_dirty dialogs.
* Fixed memory leak caused by reset password dialog.
* Fixed memory leak caused by DNS record adder dialog.
* Fixed memory leak caused by DNS record deleter dialog.
* Fixed memory leak caused by IPA.error_dialog.
* Fixed memory leak caused by certificate dialogs.
* Fixed self service page.
John Dennis (1):
* Add Transifex tx client configuration file
Martin Kosek (4):
* IPA replica/server install does not check for a client
* Inconsistent sysrestore file handling by IPA server installer
* Improve error handling and return status codes in ipactl
* ipa-dns-install script fails
Pavel Zuna (10):
* Remove deprecated i18n code from ipalib/request and all references
* Send Accept-Language header over XML-RPC and translate on server.
* Fallback to default locale (en_US) if env. setting is corrupt.
* Translate docstrings.
* Fix translatable strings in ipalib plugins.
* Fix i18n related failures in unit tests.
* Use pygettext to generate translatable strings from plugin files.
* Final i18n unit test fixes.
* Fix error in user plugin email normalizer for empty --setattr=email=.
* Use ldapi: instead of unsecured ldap: in ipa core tools.
Rob Crittenden (12):
* Set SuiteSpotGroup when setting up our 389-ds instances.
* Use Sudo rather than SUDO as a label.
* Replace only if old and new have nothing in common
* Need to restart the dogtag 388-ds instance before using it.
* Skip DNS validation checks if we're setting up DNS in
* Fix style and grammatical issues in built-in command help.
* Update API to reflect doc change in force parameter in dnszone_add
* Always try to stop tracking the server cert when uninstalling client.
* If --hostname is provided for ipa-client-install use it everywhere.
* chkconfig the ipa service off when it is uninstalled.
* Use TLS for dogtag replication agreements.
* Become IPA v2 RC 3 (2.0.0.rc3)
Simo Sorce (9):
* Set the loginShell attribute on winsynced entries if configured
* Fix winsync agreements setup
* Unbreak the ipa winsync plugin.
* Fix user synchronization.
* Make activated/inactivated groups optional
* Use wrapper for sasl gssapi binds so it behaves like other binds
* Fix replica setup using replication admin kerberos credentials
* Fix kinit invocation in ipa-client-install
* Store list of non-master replicas in DIT and provide way to list them
More information about the Freeipa-interest