[Freeipa-interest] Announcing FreeIPA v2.1.90 beta 1 Release
rcritten at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 22:28:12 UTC 2012
The FreeIPA team is proud to announce version 2.1.90 beta 1. This will
eventually become FreeIPA v2.2.0.
It can be downloaded from http://www.freeipa.org/Downloads or from our
development repo (http://freeipa.org/downloads/freeipa-devel.repo).
Fedora 16 and 17 builds are available.
Builds for Fedora 15 are no longer being provided. Packages that FreeIPA
requires are not available in Fedora 15.
== Highlights in 2.1.90 beta 1 ==
* Forms-based login. If Kerberos negotiate authentication fails you
have the option of logging in using a form using username and password.
Or you can go directly to /ipa/ui/login.html if you do not have/cannot
get a Kerberos ticket. This is the preferred alternative login mechanism
over enabling KrbMethodK5Passwd.
* Logout from the UI
* Support for SSH known-hosts with sssd 1.8.0. This will create a
known-hosts file dynamically based on information stored in IPA.
* DNS forwarders now configurable via IPA
* Configurable by DNS zone: query policy, transfer policy, forward
policy and forward and reverse synchronization.
* More consistent hostname validation
* Recommendation that the compat plugin be disabled during migration
* On new installations the default users group, ipausers, is now non-POSIX
== Upgrading ==
We tested upgrades from 2.1.4 successfully but this is beta code. We do
not recommend upgrading a production server.
Installing updated rpms is all that is required to upgrade from 2.1.4.
It is unlikely that downgrading to a previous release once 2.1.90 is
installed will work.
Upgrading directly from the alpha may work but is untested.
== Feedback ==
Please provide comments, bugs and other feedback via the freeipa-devel
mailing list: http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-devel
== Detailed Changelog since 2.1.90 beta 1 ==
Jan Cholasta (1):
* Configure SSH features of SSSD in ipa-client-install.
John Dennis (8):
* update translation pot file and PY_EXPLICIT_FILES list
* update po files
* created Transifex resource, adjust tx config file to point to it.
* Tweak the session auth to reflect developer consensus.
* Implement session activity timeout
* Implement password based session login
* Log a message when returning non-success HTTP result
Martin Kosek (21):
* Ease zonemgr restrictions
* Update schema for bind-dyndb-ldap
* Global DNS options
* Query and transfer ACLs for DNS zones
* Add DNS conditional forwarding
* Add API for PTR sync control
* Add gidnumber minvalue
* Add reverse DNS record when forward is created
* Sanitize UDP checks in conncheck
* Add client hostname requirements to man page
* Add SSHFP update policy for existing zones
* Improve dns error message
* Improve dnsrecord-add interactive mode
* Improve hostname and domain name validation
* Improve FQDN handling in DNS and host plugins
* Improve hostname verification in install tools
* Fix typos in ipa-replica-manage man page
* Remove memberPrincipal for deleted replicas
* Fix encoding for setattr/addattr/delattr
* Add help for new structured DNS framework
* Improve dnsrecord interactive help
Ondrej Hamada (3):
* Validate attributes in permission-add
* Migration warning when compat enabled
* ipa-client-install not calling authconfig
Petr Viktorin (6):
* Make ipausers a non-posix group on new installs
* Add extra checking function to XMLRPC test framework
* Add common helper for interactive prompts
* Make sure the nolog argument to ipautil.run is not a bare string
* Use stricter semantics when checking IP address for DNS records
* Use stricter semantics when checking IP address for DNS records
* Use reboot from /sbin
Petr Voborník (18):
* Fixed content type check in login_password
* Improved usability of login dialog
* Removed CSV creation from UI
* Fixed problem when attributes_widget was displaying empty option
* Added missing configuration options
* Static metadata update - new DNS options
* New checkboxes option: Mutual exclusive
* DNS Zone UI: added new attributes
* DNS UI: added A,AAAA create reverse options to adder dialog
* Fixed displaying of A6 Record
* New UI for DNS global configuration
* Multiple fields for one attribute
* Added attrs to permission when target is group or filter
* Moved is_empty method from field to IPA object
* Making validators to return true result if empty
* Fixed DNS record add handling of 4304 error
* Added unsupported_validator
* Fixed redirection in Add and edit in automember hostgroup.
* Fixed selection of single value in combobox
* Added logout button
* Forms based authentication UI
Rob Crittenden (37):
* Limit the change password permission so it can't change admin passwords
* Don't allow "Modify Group membership" permission to manage admins
* Add the -v option to sslget to provide more verbose errors
* Make sure memberof is in replication attribute exclusion list.
* Don't check for schema uniqueness when comparing in ldapupdate.
* Add Conflicts on mod_ssl because it interferes with mod_proxy and dogtag
* Don't allow IPA master hosts or important services be deleted.
* Catch public exceptions when creating the LDAP context in WSGI.
* Don't consider virtual attributes when validating custom objectclasses
* Add Requires to ipa-client on oddjob-mkhomedir
* Fix managing winsync replication agreements with ipa-replica-manage
* Check for duplicate winsync agreement before trying to set one up.
* Remove unused kpasswd.keytab and ldappwd files if they exist.
* Make sure 389-ds is running when adding memcache service in upgrade.
* Don't run restorecon if SELinux is disabled or not present.
* Limit allowed characters in a netgroup name to alpha, digit, -, _ and .
* Don't call memberof task when re-initializing a replica.
* Fix bad merge of not calling memberof task when re-initializing a replica
* Add support defaultNamingContext and add --basedn to migrate-ds
* Fix nested netgroups in NIS.
* Warn that deleting replica is irreversible, try to detect reconnection.
* Don't set migrated user's GID to that of default users group.
* Don't delete system users that are added during installation.
* Only apply validation rules when adding and updating.
* subclass HTTP_Status from plugable.Plugin, fix not_found tests
* Make hostnames adhere to new standards in HBAC tests
* Fix WSGI error handling
* Add status command to retrieve user lockout status
* Add support for sudoOrder
* Make hostnames adhere to new standards in hbactest plugin tests
* Fix API.txt and VERSION to reflect new sudoOrder option.
* Add --noac option to ipa-client-install man page
* Do kinit in client before connecting to backend
* Only warn if ipa-getkeytab doesn't get all requested enctypes.
* Fix NSS no_init in the NSSHTTPS class
Simo Sorce (4):
* ipa-kdb: Fix ACL evaluator
* policy: add function to check lockout policy
* ipa-kdb: fix delegation acl check
* Fix ticket checks when using either s4u2proxy or a delegated krbtgt
More information about the Freeipa-interest