[Freeipa-users] Windows clients problem

Konstantin Kozlov kozlov at spbcas.ru
Thu Nov 6 10:29:17 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am trying to setup a mixed Linux/Windows network. I have IPA server on
Fedora 9 and IPA clients on Fedora and CentOS.

Now I want ipausers to be able to login to WinXP machines or local winxp
users to be able to use samba shares. Samba server is configures on the
same machine as IPA server and IPA clients can happily use these shares.

I've followed the steps in the other thread on this list but didn't
succeed. I have cifs principal, the entry for it in krb5.keytab with
password, host principal for winxp machine. I've installed MIT Kerberos
and MS Support Tools on WinXP, ran

ksetup /setdomain ...
ksetup /addkdc ...
ksetup /setcomputerpassword ...
ksetup /mapuser ...

WinXP machine asks to login to Kerberos realm at login screen, but
doesn't let me in. The krb5 log file on IPA server shows that ticket was
issued. I can get ticket with MIT Kerberos from WinXP machine but I
can't access samba share.

Help me please, where the error can be?

Thank you,

--