[Freeipa-users] Some questions - using LDAP and mac os x version

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Wed Nov 26 14:17:47 UTC 2008

Hi,

recently I started to investigate freeIPA as we do have a lot of windows
and mac os x clients and mostly RH EL 5.x Servers.

I set up a test server and installed and followed the instructions from
the FreeIPA documentation homepage.

At most I'm interissted in authenticating mac os x clients so I started
to test the client installation. As for the moment I have only 10.5
Clients; the doc referes to 10.4.

After some steps I saw, that some parameters and options are different,
so I stopped :).

My questions:

Is freeIPA usable with 10.5? If so, what has to be changed?

May I help by providing my experience?

Can I use freeIPA also as a LDAP directory for e.g. E-Mail-Clients like
thunderbird to look up addresses?

Thanks and best regards.

Götz
--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Mathildenstr. 20
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. Claudia Hübner
Staatsrätin für Demographischen Wandel und für Senioren im Staatsministerium

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt