[Freeipa-users] upstream ipa on centos inside openvz container

Ivan Levchenko levchenko.i at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 08:16:12 UTC 2008

Angel Marin wrote:

> When we did the first tests here, the slapd setup scripts seemed to be
> kind of buggy while dealing with input it doen't like. For example a
> directory service admin password containing same special chars (can't
> remember which) generated an invalid dse.ldif config section. To make
> things worse slapd segfaulted instead of dealing with it more gracefully.
>
> Try running ns-slapd with debug enabled or inside gdb, it should give
> you a hint on what attribute is making it choke.

You're right, I did use a password with some special chars =)

Are there any other such caveats that might cause some strange behavior
(more segfaults)?

And more importantly, is IPA ready enough to use on a production system
to handle user/email accounts?

I'm just looking into the various ldap implementations and I really like
  IPA based on its description... (and gui tools)

Regards,

Ivan