[Freeipa-users] logging on via ssh using a new account that has an expired password fails

Ivan Levchenko levchenko.i at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 11:41:18 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I'm starting to deploy this my IPA setup one system at a time, and I
just came into one other issue:

I added the host principle for hostname, I can login in using
existing ipa accounts via ssh fine.

BUT, I just created a new account for a user, and gave him the login
details. He logs in remotely through a vpn connection (does not have
any kerberos install or something like that).

and when he ties to log in he gets an auth, failure. this is going on
at the ipa client:
Sep 18 04:29:02 svn sshd[31766]: pam_krb5[31766]: authentication fails
for 'user' (user at REALTOOLSTECH.COM): Authentication failure (Password
change failed)
Sep 18 04:29:04 svn sshd[31766]: Failed password for user from
192.168.0.112 port 33131 ssh2

How can ssh change the password for this user?
--

Best Regards,

Ivan Levchenko
levchenko.i at gmail.com