[Freeipa-users] ldif import

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Mon Aug 3 13:31:18 UTC 2009

John Robert Mendoza wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I want to know, how do I change aci's for the members of the database.
> For example, I don't want a member of a group to be able to search the
> database.  Thanks.
>
> John Robert Mendoza

To do this you would need to also disable anonymous access (the 389
default) which would have a rather broad impact. You would have to
create a user that nss_ldap would use to bind to the server and other
LDAP applications assume that anonymous binds will work as well. I took
a brief look at this but we have no instructions currently on how to do
this.

Just so I understand, you want a particular group to not be able to
search at all?

Your subject differs from the question too, was there something else as
well?

rob