[Freeipa-users] freeipa V2 release date ?

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Mon Aug 24 16:19:04 UTC 2009

Rachid Zarouali wrote:
> hy all,
> i've put my interest in freeipa project, i've seen on the website the 2.0 release should be available on april/may 2009,
> so i'm wondering if the release date of the 2.0 has been modified on any roadmap and if so , when it will be release ?

Sorry, my fault for not keeping the roadmap updated.
Unfortunately there is no a clear release schedule for IPA v2.
We are actively working on it and corresponding related but independent
components (SSSD).
There is a chance that we will hit functional complete milestone before
the end of the year.
I need to clean a lot of items that have been deferred or dropped from
the PRD to reflect the actual scope of the project.
Also it is not clear that there will be no new features we would
consider implementing before the release.
This will/might affect our functionally complete dates.
> Thanks,
> Rachid

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal