[Freeipa-users] howto Control user and group login access to individual or groups of machines

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Thu Aug 27 14:26:54 UTC 2009

Fu-Jyh Luo wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I would like to control user and group login access to individual or groups of machines. How to do it with FreeIPA?
>
> Here is some information
> http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:Netgroups
>
> Thanks in advance
> Fu

Not all platforms have a good way of configuring what you are trying to
accomplish.
Here are some options you have:
http://freeipa.org/docs/1.2/Client_Setup_Guide/en-US/html/
and see chapter on the host based access control.
As I recall you will have success with Linux, Fedora and HP-UX.
We have not found a way to do the same thing on AIX or Solaris.

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Engineering Manager IPA project,
Red Hat Inc.