[Freeipa-users] LDAP-101

Michael Wisniewski wiz561 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 15:09:23 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 8:58 AM, Rob Crittenden <rcritten at redhat.com> wrote:

> Schema is sort of a 2-step process. Step 1 is to tell the directory server
> about the schema at all. This can be done offline by dropping a schema file
> into a filesystem directory or online by uploading the schema. Either way
> this just tells the LDAP server about the new objectclasses and attributes
> available and their syntaxes.

Thanks for the response.  Another related question.  Does freeipa
1.2.2 use the "cn=config" way, or the schema file in
/etc/openldap/schema?

Again, I'm just starting out, but I found configuration information in
both places.  I'm just wondering if I were to extend the schema for
use with samba, do I want to go the cn=config route, or the
/etc/openldap/schema file route.

Thanks again,
Mike