[Freeipa-users] Using the Schema Compatibility Plugin with FreeIPA v1

Marc Richards email.marc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 04:21:27 UTC 2009

I notice that you FAQ makes reference to Schema Compatibility Plugin
that was developed as part of the NIS compatibility effort
(https://fedorahosted.org/slapi-nis/).  Can this plugin be used with
FreeIPA v1 or is it strictly for v2?

I was thinking about using it to create a crude mapping of groups ->
netgroups as an interim solution for host based access control on
Solaris...until FreeIPA v2 gets released. Basically, I want to create a
mapping of the netgroup format defined here:
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:Netgroups and then
configure my Solaris client to restrict access based on netgroups:
http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/features/articles/nis_ldap_part2.jsp#Solaris10
(scroll down to section 6).

I know it is crude, but it is just an interim hack until v2 comes around
and at least I avoid duplicating information.  Does it look like it will
work?

Marc