[Freeipa-users] organizational units

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri Feb 27 17:56:51 UTC 2009

Natxo Asenjo wrote:
> hi,
>
> In freeipa 1.2.1 from fedora10, is it possible to create different ou
> in the directory server in order to organize the directory for
> different branches, like, ou=europe,dc=example,dc=lcom;
> ou=asia,dc=example,dc=com etc. Having all users under
> cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com can be a bit disorganized.

Storing users in one place is on purpose. Trying to separate users by
OU, region, etc tends to be difficult because people move a lot,
companies reorganize, etc.

> Another question: will the webgui have a ldap browser interface? Will
> the ipa-admintools be able to create objects in different
> ou/containers in the directory?

There are no plans for a generic ldap browser. One of the goals is to
hide the implementation so we may never provide one.

We don't currently support containers.

rob