[Freeipa-users] quick question regarding AD <--> FreeIPA password sync ...

Kambiz Aghaiepour kambiz at mcnc.org
Thu Jul 2 19:04:05 UTC 2009

Looking at :

http://www.freeipa.org/page/PasswordSynchronization

Its not clear to me what is meant by:
"Just assign an identity and password to the remote synchronization
agent and list this identity in the passSyncManagersDNs attribute. "

Is it possible to have a sample configuration described in greater
detail?  Do I go through "add user"? or "add service principal" in the
web ui?

Also, during the installation of the WinSync agent on AD, the username
and password I presume are the same as the remote sync agent described
above, correct?  What values are needed for "Cert Token" and "Search Base" ?

Thanks for your help
Kambiz

--
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of
good conscience to remain silent."  --Thomas Jefferson