[Freeipa-users] Smart card integration into FreeIPA

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Wed Jul 15 13:14:16 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-07-10 at 17:03 +0200, Rob Visser wrote:
> Somewhere in the FreeIPA documentation it is stated that it is not
> recommnended to use pk_init to integrate smart card.
>
> How should it be done?

Rob, can you point me at where you've seen this ?

At the moment ipa does not provide a native method of dealing with
smartcards, it is certainly in the plans to allow that at some point,
but some more research is needed on our side to make sure all works
properly in this case.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York