[Freeipa-users] Trouble with new installation

Dumbo Q dumboq at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 4 20:05:49 UTC 2009

That had me thinking that maybe the user was not allowed to access the specific machine. I've gone through the docs a few times, and cannot find where my problem may be.

As a a test i created the following file
dn: uid=test,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=mydom,dc=com
changetype: modify
replace: krbPasswordExpiration
krbPasswordExpiration: 20090605194542Z

[root at auth01 ~]# ldapmodify -h localhost -xv -D cn="Directory Manager" -W -f /root/testexpire.ldif
ldap_initialize( ldap://localhost )
Enter LDAP Password:
replace krbPasswordExpiration:
        20090605194542Z
modifying entry "uid=test,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=mydom,dc=com"
modify complete

The test user was now able to login to the server as i had hoped.
I ran the 'passwd' command,  entered my kerb pass, then picked a new pass.
/var/log/messages again said:
Jun  4 15:58:40 auth01 kpasswd[18390]: Unable to bind to ldap server
Jun  4 15:58:40 auth01 kpasswd[18390]: Server Error while performing LDAP password change

what could be going wrong here??
i also tried running kinit, and then changing the passwd with the same results.

- Stumped.