[Freeipa-users] samba share access win xp

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Sun Jun 14 14:30:33 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-06-14 at 00:58 +0200, Oliver Kaspar wrote:

> I'm sorry, but generating the NTLM hashes doesn't work at my system.
> It is a plain Fedora 10 System, freeIPA is installed by yum. I added
> the sambaSam stuff, the users get listet by pdbedit, but they didn't
> get the NTLM hashes. Do I need to activate something aditional or need
> I to change the config?

The only thing you should need is to change the user's password (using
kpasswd for example). Samba should be configured to not store hashes
directly but to perform an ldap password change instead (and IPA will
generate them).

> And I have a second question: I found the attibute  "ipaCustomFields"
> and added it for displaying the samba SID: ipaCustomFields: sambaSID.
> But when I add it, the gui produces an error:
>
> An unexpected error occured
> HTTP Error Message:
>
> 500 - Internal Server Error
>
> Can't I use this attribute in this way?

You should be able to, but I am not sure if there are limitations wrt
the format.
Can you open a bug ?

Simo.

--