[Freeipa-users] Newbie problems

Per Qvindesland per at norhex.com
Sun Mar 8 17:22:20 UTC 2009

Hi list,

I hava finally managed to install IPA on a Centos 5.2 server and it's
working just fine, but I am having some questions that I hope I can get
answers to.

1. if I add in a new group through the web interface will it then be the
same as a ou? Since we have multiple servers here dealing with multiple
countries I would like to add in a ou for each country and add users to each
countries ou, not sure but would it then be something like
ou=no,dc=company,dc=com

2. Can I configure each server to log on with ldap so it would be
ou=no,dc=company,dc=com and ldap://ipaserver.company.com or must I use the
client?

3. How can I configure it so that I don't have to use a Kerberos login but
get a login page so no single login.

4. can I configure it so that a normal person can add in a user for his/her
own country without being added into the admins group?

5. is there anyways to configure it to set the username as the default
password on creation and then when the user logs on the first time the user
has to change the password?

I have looked but I can't find anything about this in the manual so I am
really hoping that someone could help me out here.

Kind regards
Per Qvindesland