[Freeipa-users] Ipa-client error (windows XP)

mahen mahendra at latticenetworks.com
Tue Mar 17 07:32:29 UTC 2009

Hi,
I am using IPA-Server on FC9.

I am trying to log in to ipa server through windows xp(as client). If it
is a new user in ipa-server, windows xp asks me to change the password
and change happens successfully but xp fails to login. It give error
message saying...
"Windows cannot connect to the domain, either because the domain
controller is down or otherwise unavailable, or because your computer
account was not found."

Step-by-Step Procedure followed ( in IPA-Server)
1. ipa-addservice host/client.example.com)
2. ipa-getkeytab -s server.example.com  -p host/client.example.com -e
des-cbc-crc -k krb5.keytab.txt

IN Windows XP
1. ksetup /setrealm EXAMPLE.COM
2. ksetup /addkdc EXAMPLE.COM server.example.com
3. ksetup /setmachpassword <password> (I dont know why this is used. since all my passwords are same it can match to any user)
4. ksetup /mapuser * ipauser

Thanks..
Mahendra