[Freeipa-users] Ipa-client error (windows XP)

Konstantin Kozlov kozlov at spbcas.ru
Tue Mar 17 12:45:43 UTC 2009

Hi,

mahen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks a lot. It worked. Everything is fine now.
Great!

> Can I have ADS type of effect for IPA-Server. I don't want to create
> local users or to map all IPA users to a single user.

As you probably read already you can't get policies for "ou"'s. In IPAv1
there is one policy and in v2 policies will be for groups, as I know.

The next step for IPA+winxp setup will be Samba 3:
http://www.dlt.com/sr/PDF/redhat/Securing_Samba_with_IPA-1.0.pdf
It works for me.

The next part, i.e. making network users is said to be impossible though
it may be possible by the following trick:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320043

The local test user is created but the path for home uses environment
variable %username% that might be substituted with ipa username after
login and hence different users mapped to a single one get different homes.

I didn't test that.

And map yourself to Administrator :)

As for software installations like in ADS look at http://wpkg.org/

Best regards,