[Freeipa-users] Ipa-client error (windows XP)

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Tue Mar 17 13:16:08 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 17:17 +0530, mahen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks a lot. It worked. Everything is fine now.
>
> Can I have ADS type of effect for IPA-Server. I don't want to create
> local users or to map all IPA users to a single user.

No, unfortunately standard windows does not look up users list in any
external repository (like our LDAP server) unless the server is AD.

You will not see neither users nor groups in your client.
You have to create users and groups manually and keep them in sync if
you use a windows client at this stage.
That's why we do not mark Windows clients as "officially" supported
right now.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York