[Freeipa-users] tcl_cacert Utility

David O'Brien davido at redhat.com
Thu Nov 5 00:46:15 UTC 2009

Rob Crittenden wrote:
> Jesster Leight wrote:
>> http://freeipa.org/docs/1.2/Client_Setup_Guide/en-US/html/sect-Client_Configuration_Guide-Configuring_Fedora_as_an_IPA_Client-Configuring_Client_TLS.html
>>

> Ah, ok, that is a documentation bug.
>
> tls_cacert isn't a command, it is a directive you'd put into
> /etc/ldap.conf to point directly at a single CA.
>
> Normally you'd want to use tls_cacertdir but if you're having problems,
> one solution is to use tls_cacert to point to the IPA CA PEM file.

Just to clarify, if
tls_cacertdir  /etc/cacerts/

in /etc/ldap.conf fails, then use
tls_cacert /etc/cacerts/cacert.crt

This is an alternative directive to put in ldap.conf, not a CLI tool.

"# tls_cacert /etc/cacerts/cacert.crt" is the part in error

thanks
/David

--

David O'Brien
Red Hat Asia Pacific

http://freeipa.org/page/DocumentationPortal
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/ipadocs.git

"The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when
one will do."
     Thomas Jefferson