[Freeipa-users] Deploying FreeIPA 1.2.2 on RHEL 5

Loris Santamaria loris at lgs.com.ve
Thu Nov 5 21:14:25 UTC 2009

El jue, 05-11-2009 a las 15:38 -0500, Sam Hartsfield escribió:
> Hello,
>
> I am interested in deploying FreeIPA along with my company's software
> to allow us to implement Single Sign On. All of our software is
> deployed on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, so I would like to get the
> FreeIPA server to run there (on RHEL 5). I am aware of Red Hat IPA,
> but if I'm not mistaken, it is based on an earlier version that does
> not have the ability to sync to Active Directory.
>
> Most of the dependencies are available either from the official
> package repositories or from EPEL, and Fedora/389 Directory Server has
> its own repository for Enterpise Linux. However, there are two
> packages that are unavailable: 'mod_nss >= 1.0.7-2' and 'slapi-nis'.

One could just use the relevant .src.rpm from Fedora and recompile them
on RHEL. At least I did that with no problems (*) whatsoever several
times with the .src.rpms from Fedora 9 an 10

You can't use directly rpms from Fedora 11 because the formath has
changed slightly, but you can install the .src.rpm in Fedora, and copy
the contents (spec, sources and patches) to RHEL to rebuild it.

(*) You should edit the ipa.spec and change

BuildRequires:  popt-devel

BuildRequires:  popt