[Freeipa-users] Problem with KRB DNS discovery (i think)

Tomasz Z. Napierala tomasz.napierala at allegro.pl
Wed Nov 25 14:50:07 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm getting problems installing clients with default ipa-client-install
values. Relam and domain are both discovered successfully but then after
issuing kinit admin I'm getting:

kinit(v5): Cannot resolve network address for KDC in realm QXLTECH while
getting initial credentials

My krb5.conf looks like this:
[libdefaults]
  default_realm = QXLTECH
  dns_lookup_realm = true
  dns_lookup_kdc = true
  ticket_lifetime = 24h
  forwardable = yes

[domain_realm]
  .dc2 = QXLTECH
  dc2 = QXLTECH

[appdefaults]
  pam = {
    debug = false
    ticket_lifetime = 36000
    renew_lifetime = 36000
    forwardable = true
    krb4_convert = false
  }

Adding static kdc entry solved my problem. DNS is configured properly
with all necessary SRV and TXT entries.

Do you have any ideas what could be wrong?

Regards,
--
Tomasz Napierała
Systems Architecture Engineer,

QXL Poland sp. z o.o.
ul. Marcelińska 90, 60-324 Poznań
NIP 779-21-25-257;
Sąd Rejonowy Poznań - Nowe Miasto i Wilda w Poznaniu, Wydział VIII
Gospodarczy
KRS nr 0000104322
Kapitał zakładowy: 1.046.000 zł.