[Freeipa-users] Announcing FreeIPA v2 Server Alpha 1 Release

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 20:01:37 UTC 2009

My apologies, Dmitri, for mailing you directly. Now on list.

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Dmitri Pal <dpal at redhat.com> wrote:

> Natxo Asenjo wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Dmitri Pal <dpal at redhat.com
> > <mailto:dpal at redhat.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     To all freeipa-interest, freeipa-users and freeipa-devel list
> members,
> >
> >     The FreeIPA project team is pleased to announce the availability
> >     of the
> >     Alpha 1 release of the long-awaited freeIPA 2.0 server [1].
> >

> > great news!!!
> >
> > I will try this shortly. Thanks for this project, this is going to
> > make my job as a  linux admin easier ;-)
> >
> > one question: will there be packages for other distributions/unix
> > variants in the future?
> >
> > --
> > natxo
> Server side - no, unless someone comes in and ports it.
> We will be focusing on supporting Fedora and adding more features.
> But we will welcome any effort to port it to any other distribution.
> However it will be really huge effort since it would require porting
> things like DS and CS.
> Not impossible but really bug chunk of work.

I really meant the client side, sorry for not being specific. I am perfectly
fine with a redhat authentication solution in the data  center.

Would it otherwise be enogh (client side) to specify the good realm in
krb5.conf for the authentication and properly configure the pam ldap libray
for the user attributes? Or am I thinking too simply?

--
natxo