[Freeipa-users] ipa-replica-prepare clarification

James Roman james.roman at ssaihq.com
Mon Sep 14 15:35:06 UTC 2009

OK I am still running into a similar problem when installing the replica
server. It appears that the problem stems from the chained CA
certificates from GoDaddy again. On the replica server, all the certs
appear to be installed properly. The script is choking when modifying
the trust arguments. It looks like it is grabbing the certificate name
from the wrong place again.

      ipa-replica-install Error:

NOTE: Take a look at where the quotes are showing up in the "certutil
-d" lines.

root        : DEBUG      [10/17]: configuring ssl for ds instance
  [10/17]: configuring ssl for ds instance
root        : DEBUG    Loading Index file from
'/var/lib/ipa/sysrestore/sysrestore.index'
root        : INFO
root        : INFO
root        : INFO     pk12util: PKCS12 IMPORT SUCCESSFUL

root        : INFO
root        : INFO
root        : INFO     certutil: could not find certificate named
"valicert.com"
[E=info at valicert.com,CN=http://www.valicert.com/,OU=ValiCert Class 2
Policy Validation Authority,O="ValiCert, Inc.": The security card or
token does not exist, needs to be initialized, or has been removed.

creation of replica failed: Command '/usr/bin/certutil -d
/etc/dirsrv/slapd-REALM-COM/ -M -n valicert.com"
[E=info at valicert.com,CN=http://www.valicert.com/,OU=ValiCert Class 2
Policy Validation Authority,O="ValiCert, Inc. -t CT,CT,' returned
non-zero exit status 255
root        : DEBUG    Command '/usr/bin/certutil -d
/etc/dirsrv/slapd-REALM-COM/ -M -n valicert.com"
[E=info at valicert.com,CN=http://www.valicert.com/,OU=ValiCert Class 2
Policy Validation Authority,O="ValiCert, Inc. -t CT,CT,' returned
non-zero exit status 255
  File "/usr/sbin/ipa-replica-install", line 294, in <module>
    main()

  File "/usr/sbin/ipa-replica-install", line 244, in main
    ds = install_ds(config)

  File "/usr/sbin/ipa-replica-install", line 115, in install_ds
    ds.create_instance(config.ds_user, config.realm_name,
config.host_name, config.domain_name, config.dirman_password, pkcs12_info)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ipaserver/dsinstance.py", line
193, in create_instance
    self.start_creation("Configuring directory server:")

  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ipaserver/service.py", line
139, in start_creation
    method()

  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ipaserver/dsinstance.py", line
345, in __enable_ssl
    ca.create_from_pkcs12(self.pkcs12_info[0], self.pkcs12_info[1])

  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ipaserver/certs.py", line 403,
in create_from_pkcs12
    self.trust_root_cert(nickname)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ipaserver/certs.py", line 322,
in trust_root_cert
    "-t", "CT,CT,"])

  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ipaserver/certs.py", line 126,
in run_certutil
    return ipautil.run(new_args, stdin)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ipa/ipautil.py", line 97, in run
    raise CalledProcessError(p.returncode, ' '.join(args))

      Replica server Cert DB:

[root at replica slapd-REALM-COM]# certutil -L -d .

Certificate Nickname                                         Trust
Attributes

SSL,S/MIME,JAR/XPI

Server-Cert                                                  u,u,u
Go Daddy Secure Certification Authority                      ,,
Go Daddy Class 2 Certification Authority                     ,,
valicert.com                                                 ,,