[Freeipa-users] Apache Error Immediately After Install

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed Apr 21 17:44:52 UTC 2010

Brad Lodgen wrote:
> Rob,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure if it makes much difference, but I
> forgot to say I'm using the 2.0 Alpha latest release.
>
> I am using Windows 7. I downloaded the MIT Kerberos Client for Windows,
> added my realm/domain, got my ticket, but I still get the same result. I
> used the admin user and the user I added, both same results. I ran kinit on
> both before trying, same result. I ran ipa user-find on both, both exist.
>
> Same error message in Firefox, same blank page in IE, same error message on
> /var/log/httpd/error_log.
>
> Any suggestions to move forward?

Did you set this in about:config on your browser?
network.auth.use-sspi false

You might walso want to try this, though I'm not 100% sure if the
environment variables work the same way in Windows.

http://freeipa.org/docs/1.2/Installation_Deployment_Guide/en-US/html/sect-Installation_and_Deployment_Guide-Setting_up_the_IPA_Server-Configuring_Your_Browser.html#sect-Installation_and_Deployment_Guide-Configuring_Your_Browser-Troubleshooting

This should give us a client-side view of what the request is doing.

Do you have a Linux machine you can try from as a baseline test?

rob