[Freeipa-users] Is sssd currently useable with freeipa v2 ?

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Wed Apr 21 20:41:53 UTC 2010

On 04/21/2010 02:53 PM, Oliver Burtchen wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> thanks for the answer. Yes, I used the ipa-client-install tool. But I had first
> patched in this fix
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2010-April/msg00004.html
>
> from Rob to get 'join' working again. Well, living at the bleeding edge.  ;-)
>
> I'll see if I can nail the problem down.

You may find the debug logs in /var/log/sssd/. At their default settings
(level 0) these logs will display only critical errors. But if you need
more information, you can turn up the debug_level in the
/etc/sssd/sssd.conf file and restart the SSSD. Then your debug logs will
fill up fairly quickly.

Btw., what's the difference between
> the sssd and sssd12 repos at jdennis? What is the most recent one, whats best
> to use with the ipa-devel repo?

We split the development of 1.2 off into it's own branch. Builds from
that branch are put into the sssd12 repo. We're aiming to release 1.2.0
at the beginning of May. So that's the branch targeted towards our next
public release. We did this so we could put the finishing touches on
SSSD 1.2 while those of us who have completed their 1.2 tasks can move
ahead.

The sssd repo contains our more experimental changes (for example, the
internal cache interface was completely rewritten). These are the
changes that will be forthcoming in sssd 1.3 sometime this summer.

So your choices are:
sssd12: Stabilizing towards release
sssd: Hang on for dear life(*)

(*) I usually run on this branch - eating my own dogfood, as it were -
though we make no guarantees that it won't break.