[Freeipa-users] Failed to verify that server.example.com is an IPA Server. while running ipa-client-install

Dan Scott danieljamesscott at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 14:50:12 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've just tried to add an new Fedora 12 PC to our FreeIPA realm and I
received the following error:

[root at client ~]# ipa-client-install
Failed to verify that server.example.com is an IPA Server.
This may mean that the remote server is not up or is not reachable
due to network or firewall settings.

If I run it again, I receive the same error, but with our replicated
FreeIPA server: server1.example.com

There is no firewall running on either the client or server. Does
anyone know what is causing this? I've tried running
`ipa-client-install -d` but this does not show that any error occurs
before the error message above is displayed.

Thanks,

Dan Scott
http://danieljamesscott.org