[Freeipa-users] Error Installing FreeIPA build 1.2.2

Shan Kumaraswamy shan.sysadm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 13:22:21 UTC 2010

Dear All,

I am try to install FreeIPA build 1.2.2 with RHDS 8.0, while installing I am
facing some serious issue. Please find the blow steps which I followed and
error message which got during the installation

1. I successfully installed RHDS 8.0

2. Installed and tested RH Enter IPA without any issue

3. As per our requirement we need to Active Directory Integration, so I am
planning to Install FreeIPA, and I have completely un-installed RH Ent IPA
using #ipa-server-install --uninstall command and chosen "yes" to completely
remove the configuration file which Ent IPA used.

4. Now I downloaded FreeIPA build (1.2.2) and done "make" then "make
install".

5. I cross checked the /etc/hosts file and the fully qualified name is
correct only, nothing was changed.

6. Once I start the script the error message was through continually:

[root at sbttipa001 ~]# ipa-server-install

The log file for this installation can be found in
/var/log/ipaserver-install.log
This program will setup the FreeIPA Server.

This includes:
  * Configure the Network Time Daemon (ntpd)
  * Create and configure an instance of Directory Server
  * Create and configure a Kerberos Key Distribution Center (KDC)
  * Configure Apache (httpd)
  * Configure TurboGears

To accept the default shown in brackets, press the Enter key.

Enter the fully qualified domain name of the computer
on which you're setting up server software. Using the form
<hostname>.<domainname>
Example: master.example.com.

Server host name [sbttipa001.bmitest.com]:

Unexpected error - see ipaserver-install.log for details:
 verify_fqdn() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

Please help me to resove this critical issue:
Thanks in Advance.
 --
Thanks & Regards
Shan Kumaraswamy