[Freeipa-users] ipa-finduser problem

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Jul 8 15:30:03 UTC 2010

Shan Kumaraswamy wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> [root at saprhds001 sbin]# kinit admin
> Password for admin at MYDOMAIN.COM <mailto:admin at MYDOMAIN.COM>:
> [root at saprhds001 sbin]# klist
> Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
> Default principal: admin at MYDOMAIN.COM <mailto:admin at MYDOMAIN.COM>
> Valid starting     Expires            Service principal
> 07/08/10 16:37:47  07/09/10 16:37:43  krbtgt/BMIBANK.COM at MYDOMAIN.COM
> <mailto:krbtgt/BMIBANK.COM at MYDOMAIN.COM>
>
> Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0
> klist: You have no tickets cached
> [root at saprhds001 sbin]# /usr/sbin/ipa-finduser admin
> There was a problem importing one of the required Python modules. The
> error was:
>     No module named kerberos
>
> And when I try to restart the ipa server, the ipa_webgui service is not
> shouting down and web server not working. Please advice me what went wrong?

You need the python-kerberos package. Did you install this from source?
Our dependencies within the source tree are a bit weak but installing
using rpms should have required it.

For the restart problem, how are you restarting things? Can you look in
/var/log/ipa_error.log to see if anything is logged? This is the web UI
(TurboGears) error log. The Apache log in /var/log/httpd/error_log might
have some relevant details as well.

rob