[Freeipa-users] ipa-finduser problem

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Jul 8 15:48:01 UTC 2010

Shan Kumaraswamy wrote:
> Dear All,
> FreeIPA ipa_webgui not starting
>
> Please find the below error message:
>
> [root at saprhds001 ~]# /usr/sbin/ipactl restart
> Shutting down ipa_webgui:                                  [FAILED]
> Shutting down ipa_kpasswd:                                 [  OK  ]
> Stopping httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
> Stopping Kerberos 5 KDC:                                   [  OK  ]
> Shutting down dirsrv:
>     MYDOMAIN-COM...                                        [  OK  ]
> Shutting down ntpd:                                        [  OK  ]
> Starting dirsrv:
>     MYDOMAIN-COM...                                        [  OK  ]
> Starting ntpd:                                             [  OK  ]
> Starting Kerberos 5 KDC:                                   [  OK  ]
> Starting ipa_kpasswd:                                      [  OK  ]
> Starting ipa_webgui:                                       [  OK  ]
> Starting httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
> [root at saprhds001 ~]# tail -f /var/log/ipa_error.log
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2479, in ?
>     working_set.require(__requires__)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 585, in
> require
>     needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 483, in
> resolve
>     raise DistributionNotFound(req)  # XXX put more info here
>
> Please help me to fix this issue.

Do you have any more context on this? Does it say anywhere what is not
being found?

What is your distribution and where did you get the packages?

We've gotten reports of people trying to build ipa in CentOS and having
problems like this related to python-cheetah. I've never seen a
resolution nor have I been able to duplicate the problem so I'm not sure
what the next step is, other than verifying that you have python-cheetah
installed.

rob