[Freeipa-users] [Freeipa-interest] Announcing FreeIPA v2 Server Alpha 2 Release

Christian Horn chorn at fluxcoil.net
Fri Mar 12 15:47:06 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 02:07:54PM -0500, Rob Crittenden wrote:

> Please take a moment to play with these pages. Please do not pay
> attention to style, rather focus attention to the work flow, layout and
> data being added, displayed or modified. We need to understand if the
> direction that this interface establishes is the right one. Should we
> continue with the proposed approach or do something else. What?

That webinterface looks usable to me, found what i expected -
plus groupings/options in the interface for which i do not
intuitively pick up their use.  Probably just my missing of
the ipa2.0 picture thou.
Looks good so far with the fedora-clients i tested.

2 other comments i collected on the install:

- When http_proxy/https_proxy are set in environment ipa-server-install
is started from then installation doesnt succed, the log mentions
'/usr/bin/wget -O /etc/ipa/ca.crt http://host.domain/ipa/config/ca.crt'
returned with non-0.
unsetting the 2 vars fixes the problem.

- the install-script noted too many times:
-----
IPA requires ports 389 and 636 for the Directory Server.
These are currently in use:
        389
-----
This was noted even when nothing was listening on the port but it was
in some wait-states.  The admin has just to wait for the state to get
cleared but the script could ofcourse also wait for itself.

Christian