[Freeipa-users] MemberOf plugin keeps disabling account

James Roman james.roman at ssaihq.com
Wed Mar 17 17:09:16 UTC 2010

OK. I Think I've got this licked. I had to manually activate the account
on both the Active Directory and the FreeIPA server. I think what was
happening was this:

   1. Admin activates the account on IPA server (moves cn=inactivated to
      cn-activated)
   2. IPA server schedules windows sync
   3. IPA server reads windows status disabled
   4. IPA disables FreeIPA account
   5. IPA server updates AD account to enable
   6. IPA server schedules 2nd windows sync
   7. IPA server updates AD account to disable

I don't know why this account is encountering this issue. It just
started flipping disabled at about 2:00 am today.