[Freeipa-users] Password Attribute Syncing Support

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Mon Mar 22 13:55:00 UTC 2010

Walter Meyer wrote:
> Thanks for all of the tips. I am wondering what the best way to modify
> the ldap (so I can change the password scheme) is. I tried getting the
> 389-console utility setup to connect but was unsuccesful. Should I
> just use the command line ldap tools?

We don't configure things so the console will work. You'll need to use
the LDAP command-line tools.

Something like:

% ldapmodify -x -D "cn=directory manager" -W
dn: cn=config
changetype: modify
add: passwordStorageScheme
passwordStorageScheme: <YOUR_SCHEME>

I'm assuming that you don't already have a scheme specified, the default.

rob